Attendease is a cloud-based, event automation platform used by event and conference managers at companies such as Adobe, NBC, Hilton, Autodesk, and SXSW to run their global events. As part of a modern enterprise stack, our mission is to help automate the creation of world-class event experiences and we have built an industry leading platform to help make that happen. Our customers automate and create thousands of event experiences for their employees, customers, and partners every year.
The Platform team is focused on taking the Attendease platform to the next level . In a typical week a Senior Backend Software Engineer will develop new features working with product management, sales and customer success in one of the core application modules in the platform. They will collaborate with peers to review code, write tests, contribute to innovation in our product, and work to continuously improve our development process.
This position would be based on Vancouver, or with the right level of seniority, could be a remote team member, with occasional travel to Vancouver.
Here is what you’ll have the opportunity to do:
- Own the backend technology stack for the development team and recommend modern, best-practice approaches to the backend architecture.
- Lead and build the back-end development team.
- Drive architecture decisions and implement strategic roadmap.
- Build and manage the team of backend developers, DevOps, and SecOps.
- Code new features, unit tests, and bugs fixes. We want you to write clean, efficient code and have fun doing it!
- Work alongside other developers and a cross-disciplinary team of sales, marketing, product, design, and leadership to determine what features should be built into the platform.
- Support integrations between the various systems needed to run client sites using Attendease and integrating with other data sources / platforms.
- Work alongside the Customer Success team by triaging platform issues on current projects.
- Champion DevOps for Attendease to ensure that the platform is stable, scalable, and high performing, and ensure that all event sites created using Attendease are performant as well.
Here is what we think you should bring to the table to be successful:
- 10+ years backend development experience with our tech. Cloud-based, distributed systems is a must.
- Experience with DevOps, including managing enterprise-level cloud-based web applications. Experience with AWS is a must. Tools such as Kubernetes and Docker a bonus.
- Experience with security demands of large enterprises and requirements; understand the rigors of PCI compliance, and familiarity with SOC2 and other security, privacy and operations frameworks.
- Experience leading a team of other developers, mentoring junior programmers and coaching best practices.
- API design and development.
- E-commerce expertise.
- You’re all about Agile methodologies.
- You insist on unit tests (both back-end and front-end).
- Master’s, Bachelor’s or Computer Science Degree.
- Cross-disciplinary experience where you have worked with Designers, Project Managers, Product Marketers and a Leadership team.
- You’ll be internal and externally facing so strong communication skills are a must – both written and verbal.
Your awesomeness includes:
- A positive, proactive, “get it done” attitude with great task organization skills.
- A sense of humour! Bad puns are encouraged.
- Great communication & presentation abilities for client engagements.
- The desire to be a part of a vibrant and energetic company culture that promotes hard work while having fun doing it! You’re not afraid to grab a beverage with a coworker.
- Competitive compensation package including extended medical, dental, MSP, paid time off, great team, amazing clients like Adobe and SXSW, and the opportunity to have a real impact on the support and reliability of event and conference experiences globally.
|Job Category||Software Development|
|About Attendease||Attendease is marketing automation for corporate event teams. Attendease is a cloud-based, event management platform used by event and conference managers at organizations such as Adobe, SXSW,Brightedge, MAC Cosmetics, Datto, and Pivotal. We are all about creating world-class event experiences and have built an industry leading platform to make that happen. Have a look at www.attendease.com for more details on our platform.|